Fri, Nov 19|
Online Event - Zoom
Building a More Inclusive Judiciary
Join Madam for America and AWL as we present this timely CLE program. Our panelists will discuss their paths to the bench as well as share valuable lessons they’ve learned, as women and women of color, about the highly competitive process. Register at https://www.awl-kc.org/events
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2021, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Online Event - Zoom
About the Event
Join Madam for America and the Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City (AWL) as we present this timely CLE program. Our panelists will discuss their paths to the bench and share valuable lessons they’ve learned, as women and women of color, about the highly competitive appointment or election process, how bias impacts the makeup of the bench, how bias impacts the administration of justice, what improvements they’ve seen to diversity and inclusion on the bench and the administration of justice and what changes are still needed. Following the hour-long panel discussion, participants will join breakout rooms with individual panelists to enjoy a small group discussion with one of the judges in attendance.
- The Honorable Lisa White Hardwick, Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District
- The Honorable Karen L. Krauser, Division VI of the 7th Judicial Circuit Court, Clay County, Missouri
- The Honorable Stacey Lett, Division 3 of the 17th Judicial Circuit, Cass County, Missouri
- The Honorable Jalilah Otto, Division 15 of the 16th Circuit Court, Jackson County, Missouri
- The Honorable Martina Peterson, Municipal Court, Kansas City, MO
- The Honorable Jerri J. Zhang, Division 3 of the 16th Circuit Court, Jackson County, Missouri
This CLE will be held virtually by Zoom. Login information will be sent by email immediately following registration.
Registration is FREE to the community.
CLE credit is pre-approved for 1.0 hour of Ethics/Elimination of Bias CLE credit in Missouri. Kansas is pending.